Types of Returns
Returns can often be a complicated and time-consuming process. In order to make things simpler for you, we classify returns under two basic headings: to take care of the return pickup on your own.
Returns After Delivery: These are the normal return cases where the customer returns the product (against a predefined reason) to the seller. These deliveries are called Open Box Cases since the customer (in majority of the cases) has opened the parcel before requesting a reverse pickup.
Returns Before Delivery: Situation when the shipped goods are delivered back to the origin without customer even receiving it. This can happen in the following situations:
- Non-availability of the customer at the shipping address
- Customer cancels the order while it is still in transit (although in such cases, the courier still makes an attempt to deliver the product)
- Items that are returned before delivery appear in the ‘Return Pending’ state. Once they are returned to the seller, the state changes to ‘Returned’.
This article deals with the Return Before Delivery process.
How does it work?
Please note: The below process is applicable only if you have availed of the Last Mile Delivery (LMD) service offered by Paytm Mall. The LMD Service will take care of all logistic related needs. If you have not availed of this service, you have to take care of the return pickup on your own.
Return Process States
Corresponding to the state the shipment is in, it is visible under the below-mentioned states under the returns tab in the Seller Panel:
- Return Requested
The customer wants the product to be returned. So a return request is sent through Paytm Mall.
- Return Approved
Returns are approved after a preliminary investigation by Paytm Mall.
- Return Picked
The item has been picked up, by the delivery partner, from the customer.
- Return Rejected
The return request rejected which could be due to one of the many reasons.
- Return Delivered
The item is delivered back to you.
1. How can I manage my returns?
All the returned shipments are visible on your seller panel in the returns tab. Refer to the returns training module to know more.
- Till when am I liable to receive returns?
Each product category has its own return period.
- What are the Return Logistics charges?
If you have signed up for the Paytm Mall Last-Mile-Delivery Services, the following charges are applicable for the return logistics:
- Rs. 75 / 500 gm (excluding service tax) for return logistics done via air
- Rs 50 / Kg would be charged for surface delivery. However, a minimum chargeable weight for surface deliveries will be 7 Kg. Read more
Service tax would be extra.
- What if I am unhappy with the condition of the returned shipment and want to reject it?
As per Paytm Mall policy, you are not supposed to reject any shipment. You should accept the returned shipment in whatever condition you receive it and then raise a ticket via the Support option on the Seller Panel with the relevant images. Queries will only be entertained for shipments that have been accepted by the merchant.
- What should I do if the received shipment is different from the one that I had shipped?
Such cases should be highlighted to the Merchant Helpdesk within 72 hours via the Support option on the Seller Panel.
- Can I ask the courier to open the package?
It is not possible for the carrier to open the package that is delivered to the sellers. It is suggested that you accept the shipment in whatever condition you receive it. In case of any issues, you can always reach out to the merchant helpdesk for the resolution.
- What can I write on POD?
Only in case the outer packaging of the received shipment is damaged, it needs to be mentioned on the courier POD. All other issues have to be raised to the merchant helpdesk. It is however mandatory to provide receiver’s signature along with seller’s stamp with receiver’s name /contact number on all return shipments.
To understand the Returns Process in detail, please read here.