With PSA (Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance), you get:
What is covered under Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance?
You can file a claim under Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance for cases such as:
- If you receive a partially / completely damaged product which is not sellable
- If you receive the return shipment with a missing accessory/freebie
- If you receive a wrong/empty box in delivery
- If your product is lost
How can you claim for PSA (Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance)?
What are the supporting documents required for Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance Claims?
The following documents are required to support your claim. On a case by case basis, Paytm Ecommerce can ask for other relevant documents to substantiate the claim:
- Images of all 6 sides of return product
- Polybag serial number mentioned on the package
- Image of packaging slip
- 360° video for products having the serial number, IMEI number or any unique identifying number
PSA (Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance) terms & Conditions for Claims:
|Type of Claim||Timeline|
|In case of non-receipt of “RTO” (Return before delivery) Products||7 days from the ‘Return Delivered’ or ‘RTO Delivered’ date as mentioned on the Seller Panel|
|In case of non-receipt of “DTO” (Return after delivery) Products||7 days from the ‘DTO Delivered’ date mentioned on the Seller Panel|
|Any issue regarding Order cancellation||10 days of Order being marked as ‘Cancelled’ on the Seller Panel|
|Fully/Partially Damaged Product/Empty shipment received/ wrong Product received||2 days from the ‘Return Delivered’ or ‘RTO Delivered’ date as mentioned on the Seller Panel|
|Any other queries such as short product (products with lesser quantity) / accessories / freebies missing||7 days from the ‘Return Delivered’ or ‘RTO Delivered’ date as mentioned on the Seller Panel|
|In case where Product is not shipped and is marked “RTO initiated”, any Claim for Product/payment||10 days from the ‘RTO initiated’ date mentioned on the Seller Panel|
- In case of non-receipt of RTO (Return before delivery), the query should be raised after the timeline to return deliver is breached i.e. 135 days* from the date of being marked as ‘Shipped’ on Seller Panel. If the shipment is not received within 135 days* from the date of being marked as ‘Shipped’ on Seller Panel, the seller should raise the claim within the next 7 days. If the Order/Item IDs or shipments fall in RTO delivered, then (clause III) would not be applicable.
- In case of non-receipt of DTO (Return after delivery), the query should be raised after the timeline to return deliver the product is breached i.e. 135 days* from the date of being marked as ‘Return Picked’ on the Seller Panel. If the shipment is not received within 135 days* from the date of being marked as ‘Return Picked’ on the Seller Panel, the seller should raise the claim within the next 7 days. If the Order/Item IDs or shipments fall in Returned delivered, then (clause III) would not be applicable.
- For raising requests against cases where product is marked Returned, returned delivered/RTO delivered on the seller panel but has not been received by the seller, the seller is required to raise a request within 7 days from Return Delivered/RTO Delivered date/Returned date. Claims raised beyond timelines will not be entertained.
- The seller should check the warehouse for a returned product before filing the POD (Proof of Delivery) request.
- The seller needs to raise all claims/Support Request/tickets via the Support Tab only. No Claims will be entertained via e-mail or any other channel.
- A claim support ticket should only include one item ID. Any Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance claim support ticket that includes more than one item ID will get rejected.
- The seller is required to keep the disputed product along with the packaging or packing slip at the warehouse for 30 days from the date of raising the claim. The product may be required for physical verification.
- The seller needs to provide 360 Degree high-resolution images (all sides of the product along with model no/IMEI No/serial no) clearly showing the affected part for all claims raised.
- If shipment seems wrong/empty/weightless/tampered/damaged/re-tape, kindly mention remarks such as damaged, tampered, weightless on POD (Proof of delivery) along with your signature, stamp of the company, date of receiving, receiver’s name and contact number as these are mandatory. Paytm Ecommerce won’t be able to entertain queries for wrong/empty/weightless/tampered/damaged cases if there are no remarks on the POD. IN case the courier partner doesn't let you write the remarks, accept the shipment & make a video while opening the package. The video will act as an evidence to support your claim. In absence of such remark on POD/video, Paytm E-commerce's decision shall be final and abiding.
- In case of any suspicion with the returned product, it is advised to make a video of product unpacking. This will help you substantiate your claim and also help in our investigation.
- If the Return Shipment is rejected by the seller, Paytm E-commerce will not be liable to pay against that shipment and has the right to liquidate the shipment.
- For all the orders which are returned by the customers due to any reason (also referred to as DTO or Return After Delivery orders), Paytm Ecommerce will recover - Courier (Forward & Reverse) Charges, PG Fee, penalties(if any) along with the applicable taxes. The Reverse Logistics Charges shall be as per the weight logistic slabs (know more here).
- The Seller might be required to hand over the item which has been settled for full Seller receivables (i.e. the amount to be received in normal sale). The payable amount will only be released after Paytm Ecommerce acknowledges the receipt of the item. Paytm E-commerce may at its sole discretion, liquidate the item itself or through its partners
- A claim filed by the seller is a legally binding agreement that the information supplied by the seller is correct. Penal action will be taken if it is found that the seller has been raising incorrect claim requests.
- For empty box cases, if a wrong request is raised, it invites strict penal/legal action.
- All sellers raising a Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance support request agree that the information given by them is true and any misstatement or misrepresentation or suppression of facts in connection with the claim may entail legal action against them at their own cost and consequences.
- Paytm Ecommerce reserves the right to disqualify a Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance claim if it is found to be:
- Without adequate supporting documents/ proofs
- Raised beyond timelines shared above
- Processed through our RPC and found to be of different condition as reported in the ticket
- If found that Seller has not followed the packaging guidelines while fulfilling the order
- The order was attempted for delivery but Seller has refused to accept the return
18. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in case of return of Product owing to either non-delivery of the Product or to a return/exchange request by the Customer, on a monthly basis, Paytm E-commerce shall approve validated Claims only upto a ‘Reimbursable Return Percentage’. The ‘Reimbursable Return Percentage’ shall mean the maximum percentage of validated claims which may be approved by Paytm Ecommerce for reimbursement to the Seller as per the sole discretion of Paytm Ecommerce. It is clarified that, in case the actual validated Claims are less than the Reimbursable Return Percentage, only the actual validated Claims shall be reimbursed.
The Reimbursable Return Percentage for different categories shall be as follows (applicable from 1st March 2020):
|Category||Sub-Category (L2)||Reimbursable Return Percentage|
|Apparel||All||15% of the total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Consumer Electronics||Storage||15% of the total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Consumer Electronics||Others||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Fashion Accessories||All||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Footwear||All||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|General Merchandise||All||12% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Groceries||All||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Home and Kitchen||All||11% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Laptops and PC||All||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Large Appliances and Televisions||All||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Mobiles||All||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Small Appliances||Other Large Appliances - Geysers, Purifiers etc||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
|Small Appliances||Others||15% of total returns delivered to the Seller in the applicable month|
*Please note: This timeline is applicable only for the orders marked as 'Shipped' or 'Return picked' from 1st Feb onward. This is a support measure extended to our sellers to help them manage the returns efficiently during COVID-19. As soon as the stay-at-home measures get relaxed, we will follow the original guidelines (50 days).
Disclaimer: Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance claims are a provision to the seller to cover against any unwanted losses. These should only be genuine claims for disputes and damages. A claim if found to be false will be taken against the seller and may result in permanently barring the seller from the platform.