Everything you ever need to know about Paytm Mall Fulfillment Centers is explained below.
What is a Fulfillment Center?
Fulfillment Centers, also referred to as FCs, are facilities where merchants can keep their products in a sort of warehouse to make the order process simpler. That warehouse will not belong to you or Paytm Mall.
All you need to do is transfer your stock to an FC and leave the order processing to an FC partner. An FC will receive the orders, will pack and ship the products to the end customer on your behalf.
Why would you need to use a Fulfillment Center?
As a seller, you could face several hurdles that a Fulfilment center may be able to make easier for you to overcome. Let’s have a look at some of them:
- Have the potential but are constricted by bandwidth
You may be getting a lot of orders. And have the potential to serve them [products readily available]. However, due to bandwidth constraints aren’t being able to serve as many orders as you would like to. This is where an FC steps in.
- Operational overheads
Managing manpower, ensuring guidelines are adhered to in terms of packaging can be a painstaking process when you have a large number of orders to service. In that case, the Fulfilment Center takes care of all of this for you.
- Improvement in SLAs & customer experience
Since the FC consists of a team of experts, they are fully equipped to handle order more efficiently. This results in faster deliveries and in turn improve your buyers’ experience. Also, this will increase your rating as a seller and will help in establishing a trust with your buyers. Trust results to increase in sales.
- Avoid penalties for delays in order processing
An FC has the capacity to process an order within 4 hours and have it ready for dispatch. This saves you from being penalized for the delay in processing orders.
- Risk of returns
Since your orders are thoroughly cross-checked before sending out, the possibility of shipping out wrong size/ product reduces. Hence, returns also see a drastic drop. This saves you a lot of trouble to have to go through the entire return process.
- Coordination with multiple courier partners
Avoid confusion and leave the coordination with several courier partners to the FC. They will track and coordinate with multiple one at the same time. That way you have time to concentrate on bigger things.
How to opt for new GST registration in any State for FC?
Process for obtaining new GST registration (along with APOB details)
In case any dealer wishes to obtain new GST registration in any State, then an application is required to be filed online. The dealer must have a principal place of business (PPOB) in such state for GST registration. The application is required to be filed online in Form GST REG-01 along with relevant details and supporting documents, which include incorporation/ registration certificate, proof of principal place of business, authorization letter, a copy of bank statement etc. Details of APOB may also be mentioned in the application. The application will then be verified by the GST officials. In case the application is found to be in order, then the registration certificate in Form GST REG-06 is issued. The process of new GST registration generally gets completed within 7 working days.
APOB amendment process (where the dealer already has GST registration in the respective state)
In case the dealer already has GST registration in a State, then a separate application is required to be filed online for APOB addition. The application is required to be filed in Form GST REG-14 within 15 days along with supporting documents (e.g., Utility Bill, Rent Agreement etc). The application would be verified by GST officer within 15 days of filing the application. In case any query is raised by GST officials, then the reply will need to be filed within 7 days. If the officer is satisfied, then order in Form GST REG-15 will be issued by the officer approving the amendment. In case the officer is not satisfied or no reply is filed to the query raised by the officer, then the application may be rejected by the officer.
However, the online amendment process is yet to be operational on GST web portal.
How to start using a Fulfillment Center?
How are orders handled on my behalf?
How to ensure seamless order processing with the help of a Fulfillment Center
- Inform FC directly about SKU’s to be stocked
You need to map your entire catalogue with the FC partner for the process to begin.
- Generate Stock Transfer Note (STN) for FC as per the agreed format
When sending goods to the FC, you need to send a Stock Transfer Note (STN) to FC one day prior to dispatching goods. This will contain details of the quality of products and other specs which you wish to send to the FC.
- Pickup returned products from the FC
This is in the case of products that are in no condition to be added back to your inventory, once returned by a customer. You need to pick up the products returned to the FC within 7 days. Post this, the FC will ship the products out to you and the courier charges will have to be borne by you.
Fulfillment Center Fees:
Terms & Conditions
- All the packaging material cost has been included above.
- Storage Fee –
- The storage cost is chargeable after 1 week of GRN-Goods receipt notes
- The storage fee is calculated on the FIFO (First In First Out) model
- The weight category is determined as per the actual or the volumetric weight of the shipment, whichever is higher.
- All pre-delivery returns will be accepted by the FC irrespective of the condition and will have to undergo a Quality Check (QC).
- The above commercials are not valid for white Goods like refrigerators, washing machines, televisions, microwaves etc.
Guidelines/Times to raise concerns related to fulfillment center:
- If there is any Product inventory mismatch issue for the lot which was in-warded to the FC on/before 31-Dec-2018, the Seller shall raise any issue(s) within 6 (Six) months period post which such issues shall not be entertained by Paytm Ecommerce.
- Concerns related to RTV (Return to the Vendor) must be raised with our Support team within 3 days from the RTV pickup.
- During RTV pickup, you are required to mention the complete remarks on the POD, i.e., mention the concern/issue. Any generic statement like ‘Subject to verification’ will not be considered while processing any claim.
- The concern should be raised along with the disputed serial number or the USN number along with the FC name & PID number.
- In case you fail to pick up the product within 15 days post receiving the confirmation on RTV request from FC/Paytm Mall’s end, no compensation will be provided against the same
- Concerns other than related to RTV & customer returns (Returns after delivery) must be raised with our support team within 10 days from the last order status (RTO delivered or received at FC) updated on your seller panel.
If you want to join one of our FCs or need more information, feel free to get in touch with your account manager or reach us via the Support tab on the top-right of the Seller Panel.