The returns process varies a bit, depending on the value of the merchandise being returned.
Following is the return process for a high valued product satisfying either of the following criteria:-
- Within Paytm Ecommerce courier partner serviceable limits (SS) and a value more than Rs 125
- Outside Paytm Ecommerce courier partner serviceable limits (NSS) and a value more than Rs 400
Following is the return process for a low valued product satisfying either of the following criteria:-
- Within Paytm Ecommerce courier partner serviceable limits (SS) and a value less than Rs 125
- Outside Paytm Ecommerce courier partner serviceable limits (NSS) and a value less than Rs 400
The below points further explain the above processes:-
1. NSS (Non-serviceable Station)
At times, our courier partners may not be available for reverse pickups, or the area might not be within serviceable limits. In such cases, the customer self-ships the return directly to you, or to the RPC in case it has been assigned to an RPC.
2. Refund No Return
For very low priced products, Paytm Ecommerce reserves the right to refund the customer without arranging for a pickup. In such cases, you do not bear any cost. Customer refund without return pick-up could also be done for low-value shipments which are Reverse courier NSS (Non-serviceable station).
3. RPC (Returns Processing Centers)
In case the returned shipment is routed through an RPC, the process is different. Instead of being directly delivered to you, it is quality checked at an RPC and delivered to you only if is QC passed, i.e. it meets the basic quality criteria. Below is a basic overview of the process.
Legal clauses related to Returns
- For all the orders which are returned by the customers due to any reason (also referred to as DTO or Return After Delivery orders), Paytm Ecommerce will recover – Courier (Forward & Reverse) Charges, PG Fee, penalties(if any) along with the applicable taxes.
- The Seller hereby agrees to accept all Products (cash on delivery or non-cash on delivery) which are refused/not accepted by the Buyer at the time of delivery.
- The Seller undertakes to bear all logistics costs with respect to return/reverse orders and also acknowledges the Reverse Logistics Cost as stated in the Commercial Rate Segment.
- The Seller undertakes to accept all the returned shipments irrespective of the condition of the shipment and any dispute with respect to the condition of the shipment shall be settled by the Parties only after acceptance of the shipment by the Seller. If the shipment is not accepted by the Seller, no dispute related to returns shall be entertained by Paytm Ecommerce.
- The Seller undertakes to provide its signature along with its stamp with the date of receiving and the receiver’s name/contact number on all return shipments. In absence of such evidence on return shipments, no return shipment query will be entertained.
- The Seller undertakes to raise queries related to return shipment queries on the seller panel only in the form of tickets raised within the PSA guidelines. In case of receipt of a damaged product, the seller undertakes to send all supporting documents/images within the timelines prescribed in the Paytm Ecommerce Seller Assurance.
- In case of empty box shipments, the query should be raised within two (2) days of the receipt of the shipment on the seller panel, failing which the query will not be entertained.
- You can take advantage of the right to raise a dispute relating to returns. Paytm Ecommerce will decide such cases after a certain level of investigation. For raising a dispute relating to returns, you can Contact Us on the Seller Panel following the PSA guidelines. The decision of Paytm Ecommerce with respect to such disputes shall be final and binding on the Seller.